It has been a while since I started working on adding sleep tracking to PlexFit and it's finally here: the first beta build with sleep tracking completely integrated and a new GUI to accompany the new features.
I know many people has been requesting for sleep tracking since it's a necessary component of any fitness tracker released nowadays. I felt the same way so I have been working very hard to make this happens as early as I possibly can. During the initial beta testings of the dedicated PlexFit Sleep Tracking app, the feedbacks have been overwhelming positive and many users let me know that the sleep tracking algorithm was as good as the big names in fitness tracking such as Misfit, Fitbit, Sleep As Android and more... The users were very responsive when I asked for more information to help me further fine tune the sleep tracker and they were all very cooperative. Thank you for all your helps for enabling me to get this far. Without your feedbacks and encouragement, I probably will not even make it. Hope that this release will make PlexFit one step closer to being the ideal fitness tracker for Pebble and many of you have been longing for.
Without further adieu, here are some new features of the new PlexFit Beta:
- Sleep tracking is now integrated seamlessly. It will be started and stopped automatically based on the sleep time pattern you configure into PlexFit and PlexFit algorithm (this is actually the hardest part of the integration: determining when the users going to sleep and wake up but I finally did it)
- PlexFit Android app also have support for syncing sleep data with the beta PlexFit app
- New GUI design with new navigation drawer for improved accessibility
- Other UI tweaks to improve readability of information
There are actually a lot of changes underneath but they are too many to be listed here. Give the new beta a try and you will see it.
To be able to use the beta, you will need to do the followings:
- Join PlexFit Beta Testers Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/114379827603423544850
- Go here to grab the beta PlexFit app: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bidusoft.plexfit
- Remove your current PlexFit app from your Pebble
- Install the new beta PlexFit app from the "Install Watch App" in the beta Android app. The current PlexFit app will not talk to the beta app since the UUID has been changed temporarily for beta testing and to prevent disruption to users who don't want to test the beta app.
Here are the new screenshots of the Android apps:
Here are screenshots of the PlexFit Watchapp:
Enjoy and please let me know if you have any feedbacks or questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.